6 Ways to Make Your Dental Care Efforts Even Better
If you want to have a better smile, you must practice better dental care. Follow these helpful hints from the best dentist experts to make your smile its best and brightest.
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day: According to the best dentist professionals, you should try to brush after every meal, but brush at least in the morning and evening. Use a toothbrush with a small head so you can reach your back teeth better. And use a soft-bristled toothbrush, which is gentler on teeth and gums.
- Brush completely: Brush for two to three minutes each time to ensure a complete cleaning.
- Floss daily: A toothbrush can only do so much, but floss can reach between your teeth to get rid of the plaque and food particles that lead to dental damage. Always floss at least once a day using a gentle, back-and-forth motion to clean between every tooth.
- Avoid acidic drinks: The acids in sodas and fruit juices can erode your tooth enamel, which can lead to tooth decay and gum disease. Try to avoid acidic drinks, but if you occasionally drink one, rinse your mouth with water afterward.
- Eliminate sugary foods: When you have sugar-filled foods, the bacteria in your mouth changes the sugars into acids, which leads to plaque and tooth decay. Try to cut out or cut down on sugary foods to avoid harming your teeth.
- Visit your dentist twice a year: An affordable dentist can detect problems like tooth decay and gum disease so this is a dental care must. Plus, early detection allows for easier and less expensive treatment. That’s why you need to find the best dentist for you.
To learn about our family dentistry practice in Sarasota, call Advanced Dental Care of Sarasota today at (941) 306-1818 or make an appointment.
Advanced Dental Care offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Sarasota. With 21 affiliated practices throughout Florida, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Advanced Dental Care of Sarasota, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Advanced Dental Care of Sarasota.